Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

DEATH ROW

I was just thinking about the death penalty and the innocent people who are probably twiddling their thumbs waiting for their turn to die. Horribly scary, no doubt. But, fortunately, because of the advancements in technology and forensics, nowadays, some innocent people are getting released and compensated financially for the 'inconvenience' and the time they served for crimes they did not commit. Not that there's a price to freedom, mind you, because for some people, it took decades for redemption. I doubt that any amount of money would've made up for the time that that 70-year old man spent in prison after he was erroneously charged and convicted wrongfully for a murder he didn't commit... when he was 19.

Honestly, if I were on death row (or serving a life sentence) and I was innocent for it, and I had been in prison for about 20 years--heck, even 10 years--and suddenly they tell me that science has just proven my innocence and that my release and compensation is being arranged... I'd probably tell them I don't want their money, not to touch anything in my cell, and to tell the license plate factory to not take me out of the work schedule just yet. I just want to know where the person who ID'd me lives...

...and that I'll be right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment